FC-2: No sound from line input

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Mon May 31 05:47:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 20:49, Homer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 22:14, Homer wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 20:20, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > > I'm trying to digitize some audio, using audacity.  The signal goes into
> > > the line input of a Soundblaster Live card.  I don't hear anything on
> > > the speakers, and no audio appears in audacity.  Changing the mixer
> > > settings doesn't have any effect.  Otherwise sound works fine; xmms and
> > > RealPlayer both work normally.
> >
> > 	Not a whole lot of help, but I have the same problem with a Creative
> > ViBRA16CL PnP trying to feed a Shoutcast stream :(
> >

> 	Here I go talking to myself ;) I fixed my problem by using aumix...

Yes, kmix doesn't control the line input correctly; aumix and alsamixer
(maybe) work correctly.  Adjustments made to the line input using kmix
show up on aumix and alsamixer, but adjustments to line input made by
aumix don't show up on kmix.  There seem to be some states of line input
that can be changed by aumix but not by kmix, and possibly not even by
alsamixer.

My version of kmix (version 2.0.1) thinks it's controlling alsa 0.9,
which isn't right for FC-2.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Jon