tmscsim SCSI driver

nicu nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon May 31 07:35:24 UTC 2004

Andrew Otte wrote:
> Have an old QLogic SCSI card to run a scanner.
> I need the tmscsim driver and help with installation.

i have the same problem but for an old CD-Writer.

what i figured out: in the default kernel the module for tmscsim is not
compiled but is present in sources, so you have to compile either only
the module or a whole new kernel.

not knowing how to compile only the module, i compiled a new kernel,
selecting tmscsim as module.

now i can load it with "modprobe tmscsim" but don't know how to make it
permanent: at the next boot is not detected and loaded (kudzu?)

please help...