make xconfig, system-config-packages

hallo

when I run make xconfig the interface comes up with complete
unreadable letter-garbage.
fontproblem ???
anyone else ?
any solution ?

I tried to fix it with an reinstallation of the kerneldevelopment
packages with system-config-packages, which pops up with an error
message like:

Packages Not Found
the following packages could not be found on your system.
Installation cannot continue until they are installed.

gtk2-devel ('libglade2-devel', 2.3.6','1')
gtk2-devel ('libgnomecanavas-devel',2.6.0', '1')
gtk2-devel ('gail-devel', '1.6.0', '1')

rpm-queries gives that this packages/files are on the box !
db's of rpm incorrect ???
any solution ?

ronald