Re: 200 GB Maxtor drive (48bit LBA) ?

Paul Reilly wrote:

I'm trying to install Fedora Core 2 on a system with a Maxtor
200 GB drive. The BIOS detects the 200 GB capacity of the drive,
but the Fedora Core 2 kernel doesn't. This is odd, since RH9 does.
It appears that 48bit LBA is not enabled in the kernel on the FC2
disks. Can anyone confirm this? Whats the best way to workaround it?

Thanks
Paul

It installed fine on my machine which has two 160GB drives.