[FC2] Really slow after installing lots of new fonts.

Mon May 31 16:39:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 16:47, dsyates wrote:
> I too have had this problem with FC2. I had some 6000 or so fonts
> installed. OOo would not start at all. I removed the fonts; and all is
> well now.
> I had the same 6000 plus fonts in FC1 too. I expereienced NO such
> problems with FC1. OOo couldn't see the fonts in ~/.fonts in FC1; I
> wonder if this is an OOo problem?

did you only experience problem with ooo? Cos' I was experiencing
problem with OOo but also with other apps, as the loading time was much
longer and evertyhing was much longer after I installed those fonts.

It may exist a OOo problem there, but it's more the way FC is managing
the fonts which is in question IMHO.

Ludo
http://www.mythTVtalk.com (Now Open!!!)
Feel free to assist us in building a MythTV community!
--
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on i686 CPU kernel 2.6.6
@ 18:39:21 up 9 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.11, 0.78, 0.43