Rpm installer...

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Mon May 31 20:45:00 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 31.05.2004 schrieb MG um 22:18:
> From: Ilja Kogan <news at kogan-family.de> Subject: Re: Rpm installer...
>  > the most important package programs for fedora are apt4rpm and yum. So
>  > if you are used to apt (
>  > http://fedoranews.org/jorge/howto/howto02.shtml
>  > )it might be the best for you. See also
>  > http://fedoranews.org/ghenry/apt/ . And of course also yum
>  > :http://fedoranews.org/tchung/howto/2003-11-09-yum-intro.shtml is also
>  > there.
>  >

> Hi!
>
> But I cannot use it to install packages from CD!
> I want to install packages from CD, not from ftp/hhtp!

Of course you can :-) If you know apt from debian you know how to
configure it for cdrom access (with "apt-cdrom"), there's no difference.

aptitude and synaptic rpms are available for fedora as well.

And you can still use system-config-packages, although it's not good in
resolving dependencies.

Christoph