For how long is Fedora Core 1 going to be updated?

Marc Lucke marc at marcsnet.com
Mon May 31 23:44:15 UTC 2004

I disagree with any suggestion FC2 is not entirely stable.  There are
some major changes in it such as XFree86 -> Xorg and Kernel 2.4 series
to 2.6 series and this is causing some dramas with some people but I
don't think these dramas are the fault of FC2 as such.  I took the
plunge and battled through my problems - like having to recompile some
apps and the system deciding for me that I wanted to use cyrus-imapd
(what a pain that package is!) but all said & done I had a fully
migrated system in under an hour.

A friend of mine used yum to update a system and all he had to do was
manually reinstall the grub bootloader!

If you're hesitant (and you should be when upgrading anyway!) why not
take an image of your drive and upgrade that first?  That works well for
me when I have serious doubts.

Marc