Yahoo mail downloaded to Ximian Evolution?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Nov 12 10:59:49 UTC 2004

c_bruce wrote:
> I would like to download my Yahoo email to Evolution 1.4.6 (fc2)
>
> So far I haven't been able to get the settings right. Does anybody have
> this setup going on right now?

Do you have a (paid-for) account with POP access? If so, configuring Yahoo!'s
POP service should be straightforward.

If you only have a regular web-based mail account, you can use something like
FetchYahoo (http://fetchyahoo.twizzler.org/ - RPMs available from
http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/) to grab the mail and either deliver
it to a local mail spool or forward it to a different email address, from
where you'd be able to read the mail using Evolution.

Paul.