Upgrade Fedora Core 3 / probs and questions

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sun Nov 14 19:05:16 UTC 2004

Stefan Gsundbrunn wrote:
[...]
> I have a Logitech wireless keyboard with multimediabuttons. In FC2 I
> added these buttons to the keyboardsettings in the section preferences.
> It was great to in- or decrease the volumne and so on. Now it does not
> work anymore - even, if I reconfigure the keystrokes. What happens is,
> that it just knows full power volumne (my cat was beside the subwoofer
> when I tested it the first time - I guess she is now 30 miles away and
> still running) or nothing.

Thanks for sharing this trick for FC2! I've had these extra keys on this
Logitech keyboard and haven't even looked to see if they *could* be
config'd.

...sorry 'bout the cat. I'll try to calm it down should it make it to
SC, USA. :-)

It reminds me of another cat that was looking out the window as a
thunderstorm approached. She touched her nose to the window glass at the
exact same instant that a lightning bolt struck nearby. Cats being what
they are -- possessing a clear understanding of cause and effect -- she
was convinced that her touching the window glass caused the giant bolt
of lightning and boom that rattled the house. She never touched another
window for the rest of her life.

Clint