How to install FC3 w/o cdrom or usb

John Reiser jreiser at BitWagon.com
Tue Nov 16 05:11:45 UTC 2004

> I am trying to install FC3 on a Toshiba Portege 7020CT Laptop.
> It has a pcmcia cdrom and the boot disks don't boot off the cdrom.
> It doesn't support booting off the usb either.

See the README-en on FC3 disk1 for options including pxeboot.
Google.com/linux for:  network aware grub boot floppy .
If the machine can boot an older version of Linux already,
then boot FC3-disk1:/images/boot.iso:/isolinux/vmlinuz and its
corresponding initrd.img.
If you are really desperate, then try  loadlin  from DOS.
And the ultimate may be to transplant the harddrive temporarily
to a "white box" machine using a 2.5-to-3.5 adaptor, do the
install, then transplant the harddrive back to the laptop.