Putting avi and mpeg movies into a single VCD

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Mon Nov 22 09:31:30 UTC 2004

A. Lanza wrote:

[ snip ]

>Yes, it is. So, is there anyway to convert it to VCD format so that the
>size of result is lesser. May the file be converted to a smaller
>resolution or quality so you get a smaller size? My goal is to put the
>VCD movie into a single CD...

VCD has specific requirements: MPEG2, 1152 Kbits/sec video. 224Kbps
audio, and so on. Thus, there's no such thing as "a lower quality VCD".
You may want to look into a format called KVCD. I haven't used it
myself, but it's supposed to be used to solve/mitigate somewhat the
problem that you're having.

Brian

--
Brian Richardson