FC3 disc2 and 3 Media Check Fail md5sum is correct

Tom Sheridan tom at integralsystems.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 11:15:19 UTC 2004

Joeffrey Betita wrote:

>hello ppl
>          i downloaded the iso image on the three mirror in Asia using ncftp.
>i been trying to install for weeks. but on Disc2 the package
>xorg-????.FC3.1.i386.rpm while installing it theres was an error bad media
>disk. i'm using Nero on a W2K.
>i used to have a dual boot FC2 and W2k. i deleted FC2 to do a fresh install
>of FC3. i read in the archive about padding!? is there a padding in Nero?
>i've been looking for it. so i guess i have to download direct from the
>fedora website? thanks for your help.

Maybe it's just a 'random error'. I downloaded FC3 direct from the fedora
site,
and made CDs using Nero with WXP. Disc1 failed Media Check.

I burned another CD with the Disc1 .iso file, but it failed again.

I downloaded the Disc1 .iso file again from the fedora site, burned another
CD,
and it passed Media Check and installed without a problem.

I've deleted the defective Disc1 file, and didn't do an MD5SUM check on it,
so I don't know if its md5sum was correct or not.

Tom