3C509B and Upgrade to FC3

Gordon R. Keehn gordonkeehn at netzero.net
Mon Nov 29 16:55:43 UTC 2004

    I just upgraded a running FC2 system to FC3, and everything seemed
to go smoothly except that I lost network connectivity via a slightly
aged but still functional 3C509B NIC.  I've tried reactivating it via
the Network config program, but while its existence is acknowledged, it
doesn't respond to my requests to start interfacing.  Since the only
access to the world beyond my home office is via that network card, it
reduces the value of that system substantially.
    Has anyone else run into (and gone beyond) this problem?

Cheers,
Gordon Keehn