Thunderbird Address Books

Justin Crabtree crabtrej at otc.edu
Mon Nov 29 17:27:55 UTC 2004

Terry R. Grier wrote:
> I saved my xp profile from TB.
> It is now in my home folder.
> I figured out about the hidden files under home.
> I found .thunderbird
> I moved some of my mail folders into the .thunderbird folder in the
> proper place.
> I opened TB and the mail folders were in the local area and worked fine.
> Next moving my address books.
> I found where the abook.mab file is
> I have 5 different address books I need.
> I copied my *.mab files into the same place I found the other .mab files.
> I opened TB and my address books are not there.
>
> Suggestions?  am I doing something wrong?
>
> Respectfully.
> Terry

When I need to copy address books between instances of Thunderbird, I do
an export from the existing address book into a .ldif file and then
import that .ldif file into the new address book.  Assuming you haven't
removed the XP instance of Thunderbird, this should work for you.  HTH.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer