Fedora and Moneydance install Question

Terry R. Grier terry at tigerstaffing.net
Tue Nov 30 17:56:50 UTC 2004

Terry R. Grier wrote:

> Markku Kolkka wrote:
>
>> Terry R. Grier kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 30.
>> marraskuuta 2004 18:42):
>>

>>> I just installed fedora this week-end.  I have not installed
>>> xorg-x11 that I am aware of....
>>>

>> You have a text-only system? Why are you trying to install a
>> graphical program if you don't have the basic GUI installed?
>>

>>> Is this
>>>
>>> $ locate libXp.so.6
>>> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6.2
>>> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6
>>> $ rpm -qf /usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6.2
>>> xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.1-12.FC3.1
>>>
>>> The code for doing so?
>>>

>> No, it's the code to find where the "libXp.so.6" causing your error
>> is located and which package provides it.
>>

> I am not sure.. what you mean by not having a GUI installed...
> I am using gnome and Thunderbird right now.
> Are there other 'packages' that I need to install?
>
> I cannot locate this libxp.so.6
>
> How do I go about getting this on my machice?

I found this ... info.
The solution to your problem is adressed in thread 26505. libXp.so.6 is
deprecated in Fedora Core 3 but is available in
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.1-12.i386.rpm on disk 2 of the installation
CDs. libXp.so.6 is also required by acrobat reader, which is why I
needed it. My thanks to "crackers" for identifying the fix.

and I got the rpm. I installed them updated them.. and moneydance
works... thank you.