FC3 aic7xxx woes?

Luke Rosenthal lists at luko.org
Tue Nov 30 22:22:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

Has anyone had problems getting an Adaptec 39360 controller (1 disk
attached) to auto-detect during the FC3 install?  I'm getting lockups when
the aic7xxx driver tries to load.  I can run the installer with the
noprobe option, and pass "aic7xxx=reverse_scan:1" as options to the
module, but further on into the install, FC3 bails out saying there's no
media available on which to create partitions.

Should I be loading more modules?  Passing other options?  Any clues or
guidance appreciated.

Luke.