BIND 9 Problem - DNS Forwarding

Marco van Neerbos neerbos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 12:14:51 UTC 2004

> I tried to stop Squid and restart the DNS; still not solve the problem
> (;;connection timed out).
> How do you tell Squid to take only 80% of the bandwidth?

You need to setup delay pools in squid. Read about it at
http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/delaypool.htm.

Basically add lines to your squid.conf
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 2
delay_parameters 1 450000/500000 300000/350000

You will have to tune the x/x pair of parameters to get the byte/sec
right for your link (these are my values)

Marco.