Smart Boot Manager problem.

David Hodge tchodgd at tcc.edu
Mon Nov 1 14:46:07 UTC 2004

Working with a PC/CD-ROM drive that works but cannot be used as a boot
device.  Trying SBM

Downloaded the SMB sbootmgr.dsk (floppy image)
Used rawwritewin to copy the image to floppy disk
Loaded floppy disk into my Fedora Core 1 server
Loaded the Fedora Core 2 boot CD into the drive
from a console prompt issued a reboot (shutdown -r now)

When system reboots grub screen comes up (for 5 seconds)
The OS listed on the screen is "Fedora core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
The screen gives me 5 seconds to select one of three options before it
says it will begin booting from the selected OS which on the screen is
Fedora core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)

In 5 seconds my Fedora Core 1 installation boot up. It doesn't matter
if I have the FC2 boot cd or the FC2 disk 1 cd in the drive.
(these are image cd's that have tested out ok)

any ideas?