Mailing list message stats for October 2004

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Nov 1 18:03:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 12:15, Craig Thomas wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 08:59, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > Total messages 6262
>
> > Message Content Types
> >
> >   7375		text/plain
>
> Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered before, but these
> numbers confuse me. How can there be more mime types than messages?
> attachments?  what am I missing.
>
> As always, very interesting stats.

It confuses me at times also.  :)

I believe some clients send out multi part messages vs. individual
message count and my script is currently fairly dumb on how it counts
this stuff up.  Probably a combination of multi part messages and my
poor script writing.  I need to rework several portions to produce more
interesting and usable results.  Like counting the number of different
clients used instead of the number of messages sent by each client.
Just have not had time to set that up yet.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have
been searching for evidence which could support this.
		-- Bertrand Russell