usb 2.0 external HD

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 01:22:07 UTC 2004

Hi Netmask:

On Monday 01 November 2004 15:57, acidblue wrote:
> Ummmmmmmm. I did 'modprobe usb-storage'
> but i get no output, i just goes back to a console prompt:
>
> [root at darkstar root]# modprobe usb-storage
> [root at darkstar root]#
>
> does this mean it didn't get loaded?
> or am I using the wrong syntax?
>
> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 15:29, netmask wrote:
> > > My usb 2.0 HD is not recognized by FC2 it's listed in info center under
> > > 'usb', but not under 'Storage Devices'
> >
> > I've never personally used a usb 2.0 hd..  but a question.. did
> > usb-storage get loaded?  (modprobe usb-storage)
> >
> > > How do I mount this HD? Does FC2 have usb 2.0 support? or do I
> > > have to re-config my kernel?
> >
> > USB 2.0 should work fine
> >

> > --
> > netmask

PLEASE add replies to the bottom so we can read down through the problem
before your reply.  Nuff said.  On to the problem.

You also need to check the files in "/cet/udev/permissions.d & /rules.d " to
see if your device is covered with the existing rules/permissions and whether
a symlink is being created.

Read "man udev" and visit http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php for
information about usb device rules.

HTH, Tom