NoMachine

John Mellor john at mellor.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 2 03:15:37 UTC 2004

sshd has a "PermitRootLogin" flag in /etc/ssh/sshd_config to do just
this.  By default, it is set to "no".  Change it to "yes" and send a
SIGHUP to sshd to get it to re-read its config file and you should be
all set.

p.s. Make sure you've got a really good root password, seeing as there
are a lot of co-opted machines out there doing stupid ssh root/password
and root/none attack attempts...