Run something at GNOME login

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Nov 2 12:31:43 UTC 2004

Around about 02/11/2004 10:53, Mostafa Z. Afgani typed ...
> Thanks a lot! Never thought of looking there before..

   I do that, works a treat, with one caveat:  gdesklets thinks it can
talk to gnome-session, so if you run it from the main menu (I'm using
DAG's RPM) it actually will try to automatically start itself next time
you log in (it becomes part of the session).

   But the session code's broken (old command-line syntax I think), so
the thing doesn't start & times out, hence you (for now) will have to do
it 'manually' as described.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature