Firewall and NAT

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Wed Nov 3 01:51:36 UTC 2004

Related Question. Could one use SSL connection for mail. At my
college, they block port 25 in and out of the campus except to the
mail host. (P.S. mail host accepts any mail from inside with no
authentication) I setup my email client to use SSL smtp to send the
mail to myrealbox.com account via port 465. Don't know what it
would take to setup Fedora to use that port to send mail, or if it uses
a different port for the purpose.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  14,713
Processing time:  29 years, 129 days,  0 hours, 13 minutes
(Total Hours: 257,136)