any luck burning on a NEC 2500A ??

Angelo Machils angelus at sangreal.demon.nl
Wed Nov 3 10:51:07 UTC 2004

>Hi there.
>>
>> I want to burn the ISO for the FC3, test 3 DVD, but I can't seem to burn
>> any DVD's (or CD's for that matter) on my NEC 2500A burner in FC2. I
>> have tried K3B, XCDRoast, Cdrecord and DVD record, but nothing works.
>> The drive is seen, but when trying to burn, nothing happens.
>>
>> Any ideas anyone?
>>
>> Thanks in advance, Angelo
>

>Are you trying to burn cd on a 2.6.8 kernel? If so you have to do this as root.

Tried is as root as well, but doesn't make a difference. When I boot
from an older kernel (2.6.5-1.358) for example in K3B I see a quite
different list of the possibilities of the burner then from the 2.6.8
kernel. Under 2.6.8 for example according to K3B the burner can burn
CD-RW, but no CD-R, DVD-R(W) but no DVD+R(W), while it doesn't burn at all.
Under 2.6.5 it burns the iso without problems....Any known problem about
this with the 2.6.8 kernel?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks, Angelo