Instalation question

ashwin kesavan iyengar ashwin.chn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:00:04 UTC 2004

Sri Chav wrote:

> Hi,
>  I just installed Fedora. My pc has 2 hard disks. One for Windows and
> another had Linux 8.3. I installed Fedora on the secondary hard disk
> (which had Linux 8.3). During this installation, I specified that the
> dual boot be installed on my secondary hard disk. Changing the boot
> priorities in BIOS did not help. So I started to install Fedora in
> upgrade mode, hoping to install the dual boot on primary disk. I
Which linux u had? I never heard for a linux distro as linux 8.3.  U
can upgrade from Fedora core-1 or redhat version to FC2.
> selected the primary disk for dual boot installation. After the
> installation completed, I restarted my computer and found that the
> dual boot did not pop up. My questions are:
> 1) Can Linux 8.3 and Fedora exist on the same disk? I believe the
> kernels are different.
> 2) How can I fix the dual boot problem?

If u had upgraded then the older version is being replaced by the
newer version. That explains why u don't get the dual boot because u
don't hav dual OS on that hdd. If u want dual boot of FC & linux 8.3
then u must partition the disk to accomodate the new
OS (FC).

with regards,
ashwin