Nvidia RPMs for 2.6.7-1.494.2.2

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 3 16:37:23 UTC 2004

I'm putting together a system based on FC for a friend, but can't quite
get everything to work at the same time.  The problem is that the latest
update kernel (2.6.8.x), still has a problem with writing CDs for which
there isn't a simple fix, or any imminent sign of an update.  I've
therefore had to go with 2.6.7-1.494.2.2.

I'd also like to get accelerated graphics to work (gotta be able to let
them play tuxracer!), but Livna only keep the RPMs for the NVIDIA kernel
module and nvidia-glx for the latest kernel.  I've tried installing from
the NVIDIA install script, but there isn't a prebuilt module on their
download site for this kernel, and as this is a fairly limited install I
don't have GCC available and it brought in a ton of stuff as
dependencies when I tried to install it.

Does anyone therefore have a copy of the old nvidia-kernel and
nvidia-glx modules for 2.6.7-1.494.2.2 (preferably not SMP, but that's
better than nothing!) that they could let me have a copy of please?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Simon.