Sendmail FC2

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 16:42:39 UTC 2004

Paul,

> Why 8.9.3? There is an official Red Hat errata package of sendmail 8.11.6 for
> Red Hat Linux 6.2.

Because it was working OK (as a UUCP machine, hidden behind better things)
until the introduction of the new mail server.  I went to the RH site and
the i386 RPMs all return errors - can't open file.  The only thing available
was the source RPM.

> There may be slight differences in the sendmail.mc needed for 8.9.3 but I
> can't remember them off the top of my head. Could you post your sendmail.mc
> and the default one provided by Red Hat?

I can't find the default Red Hat one - because linuxconf didn't use one -
their sendmail.cf says that it was built directly by linuxconf 1.17
I tried using yours with just the lines removed that you said.

It doesn't make any difference if the smart host or mail hub are referenced
by name or IP address.

Jonathan