Bash and SH path

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Nov 4 08:43:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 08:37, Littleguru wrote:
> Thanks , thats my mistake to put in lower case in email , but it is
> correct in my path and not changing my prompt , I was thinking may be
> bash shell has different file to specify PS! in it .

See /etc/bashrc for how the system default prompt is set up. You
probably need to set up your own prompt in ~/.bashrc rather than
~/.profile because the ~/.profile is only run for login shells and if
you're using a GUI with terminal windows, your ~/.profile setting will
be overridden by the setting from bashrc.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>