Restoring FC images to different HW configs

Gary Harthill gary.harthill at mirago.com
Thu Nov 4 10:47:19 UTC 2004

I use PXE boot to grab a Ghost boot image from an TFTP server. A
preconfigured Linux install then multicasts over to the machines. Some
of the machines have their hardware configured differently. ie on the
original machine

/boot = hda1

/ = hda2

Swap = hda3

On some machines the hard disks are plugged into a different IDE
controller (don't ask me why). So the config needs to be:

/boot = hdc1

/ = hdc2

Swap = hdc3

I can configure grub to boot the kernel but it fails when it attempts to
mount the partitions.

How do I re-configure this so it mounts the correct partitions?
Considering that I get to the rescue prompt and / is read only.

Cheers,

Garry Harthill

Mirago Plc

www.mirago.com <http://www.mirago.com/>