Lost menus

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 17:46:18 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:54 +0000, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> I've just added some items to the menus, such as 'tea' to the programming
>> menu, and after I've closed the menu editor and checked the kde main
>> menu, every single item that I've added or moved has gone including the
>> main group item [like 'Programming' or 'Office'].
>>
>> How do I get them back please?
>>

> Can you be more specific about the changes you made? It's very hard to
> guess at possible solutions without a better description of the problem.
> What did you change, and how?

I added 'Tea' to the programming menu, and 'knowit' to the applications
menu. And then they dissappeared. I had tried adding each to the end of
their respective sub-menus, and thats what caused it to break.

I then googled and found this;-
--------------------
mkdir menu.bak
and then
mv .config/menus/* menu.bak
which restored everything back to its previous situation.

I've since found that if I just add the new items anywhere in the sub-menu
then they are automatically displayed sorted.

Sharon.
 17:38:21 up 2 days,  9:09,  1 user,  load average: 1.17, 1.15, 1.10
Linux is like a wigwam, no windows, no gates, apache inside.
Fedora Core 2, KDE 3.2.2, OpenOffice 1.1.3
Registered Linux user 334501