red-carpet failure after upgrade

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Nov 4 21:02:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 20:52, Paul McGarry wrote:
> I just upgraded from red-carpet  2.2.3-0.vv.0.1 to 2.4.4.0.vv.0 and
> now red-carpet exits as soon as it starts, no window is created or
> anything and no segfaults.
>
> Yesterday I upgraded both the rcd and rug parts to 2.4.0.0.vv.0 and
> 2.4.1.0.vv.0 respectively and they both seem to work fine.

Yep, Vlad (the red-carpet/rug/rcd maintainer for FC2) already knows
about the problem. Here's an email he sent me:

        "... I guess I should have actually tested the packages before
        pushing them.  Oops.  I'm about to get on a plane, but i'll test
        once I arrive :)"

So, just wait for new red-carpet packages.

Best, Darren