selinux lib removal

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Fri Nov 5 14:37:51 UTC 2004

It is not the SEL libraries that I don't want but they raise the issue
of forking.

If a new version of program X comes out that is not FC2 specific and would
therefore not be linked into libselinux, won't that mean that we have to
re-implement it in FC2 - at least recompile.

So if we have a closed-source program (ie we can't recompile) that
requires standard library, doesn't this raise an issue?

I would have thought that selinux libs should only be used by programs in
..../selinux/bin - which should not be in the path of a non-SEL box.

Shades of Big Brother that we have been trying to avoid in the OS movement
I thought.  There are alternatives to SEL if you want security.

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com