FC2 and tape drives.

Juan Pablo Claude jpclaude at charter.net
Fri Nov 5 22:42:32 UTC 2004

Kevin:

	Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I have been to the how-To web
site, and I agree that the Iomega drive should be supported. The trick
is that both drives use different interfaces. The T3000 is FDC, whereas
the Iomega has its accelerator card. So, I have to compile the ftape
module for one or the other.

	However, this web site: http://www.linuxtapecert.org/index.html,
indicates that the ftape module supports four devices, and they mix an
internal drive and a parallel port Ditto drive, as:

insmod ./ftape.o ft_fdc_driver=ftape-internal,bpck-fdc,none,none
ft_tracings=3,3,0,0,3

	The problem is that that is as far as the information goes. Perhaps,
what I could do is connect the T3000 FDC drive to the Iomega
accelerator card too, as it is supposed to support a floppy drive too.
Thanks again.

Juan-Pablo