Browsing SAMBA share on remote Win2003 server crashes FC2

Mario Jansen elevate at tiscali.be
Sun Nov 7 20:01:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am relatively new to Linux. Installed FC2, together with Samba 3.
After some hassles finally managed to mount a remote Windows Share on my
linux machine.

I used the following command:
mount -t smbfs -o  username=<myuser> //servername/share /mnt/mntdir/

I am requested with a password, which I submit and I receive back the
prompt.

However when I try to browse (ls) the /mnt/mntdir directory my terminal
stops responding.

Also when  I try to view the content of this dir using the filemanager
(GUI) my system halts (I can even no longer shut it down normally).

Anyone have some great ideas?
Thanx for your help...

rgs,
mario