Error in opening html page in konqueror

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 20:34:11 UTC 2004

Stuart Sears wrote:

> On Sunday 07 Nov 2004 17:25, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> I can't do it! I don't have KHTML as an option, although it is there if I
>> use the file manager-super user mode. Somehow I've deleted it, it looks
>> like.
> okay - is this weird behaviour only happening for *one* user?
> have you tried adding a new temporary user and attempted the same actions
> as them? Try this _before_ you mess around with your own settings. If it
> works for a 'virgin' user, try the advice below this...
>> Where is it stored in root so that I can copy it over, or restore it from
>> this mornings backup please?
> the backups (if you have backed hidden files up) were probably
> in /home/user/.kde./ somewhere. you can go back to defaults by doing this:
>
> init 3 (just to make sure that the files are not being used)
> mv ~username/.kde{.,orig}
> init 5
> login
>
> to restore all default settings for 'username'
> all your old configs should be backed up in ~username/.kde.orig in case
> you need to copy over kmail settings or some such thing.
> (most simple app configs are in .kde/share/config)
>
> if you don't need the backup, delete it, it is a horrible waste of disk
> space.
>
> [stuart at laptop stuart]$ du -sh .kde
> 98M     .kde
>

> any help?

Thanks for this Stuart.

I did it all as you suggested, but it hasn't worked, primarily because
the .kde directory in the backup was also corrupted! Bums!

Any chance of Plan B please? :)

Sharon.
--
 20:33:24 up 1 day,  2:01,  1 user,  load average: 1.04, 1.33, 1.94
Linux is like a wigwam, no windows, no gates, apache inside.