howto set evolution to work with spamassassin and clamav

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Nov 8 16:28:05 UTC 2004

On Monday 08 November 2004 09:28, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> Actually you don't really want spamassassin to delete the
> messages. It will identify likely spam messages.

It smelled like a philosophical discussion more than anything else.
After a more than a year using SA I have a lot of confidence in
it and I now use a milter to delete messages with very high SA
scores outright so I don't think it would be a "bad" feature to
implement "delete" within SA. Not a big deal though .....

> And if you are running your own MTA I highly recommend you
> implement greylisting.  This will block 99% or more of the spam
> out there from ever getting on your system let alone into your
> inbox.

I've been pretty impressed with greylisting too. It cleaned up many
of those pesky spam mails that SA didn't catch and many more that
SA could catch and spent time analyzing, really easing SA's work
load.

Regards, Mike Klinke