Upgrading a Hard Drive

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Tue Nov 9 02:08:19 UTC 2004

You might want to try G4U (Ghost for Unix). It is a free program.
It is a boot BSD unix diskette or CD that can upload an image to an
FTP server, or it can copy from one disk to another a complete
image. I haven't used the copydisk option myself, but have a lab
with 20 computers, and I use it to make an image to an FTP server,
and then download to the other machines. It does state that it
doesn't like going from a bigger size to smaller size, but the other
way is fine. My systems have three OS on them. 98/XP/Fedora, and
the disk upload/restore does the trick.

It can also do partition copies, so you might want to look at that. You
would then have to create partitions to copy to. The disk copy
creates all the partitions.