sound device

Angelo Machils angelus at sangreal.demon.nl
Tue Nov 9 09:47:08 UTC 2004

Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie at neenet.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I have installed VMWARE for a project that I want to run on my Fedora 2
>and need to find out:
>
>1. which /dev device is handling my sound so that I can direct it to vmware.
>2. I also have Logitech Pro 4000 web cam that I would like to see about
>getting to work from vmware as well.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with vmware and fedora that might help?
>
>Thanks,
>Lonnie

To your first question I think that if the sound works on FC, it
automaticly works in VMWare, you don't have to manually direct it.

In regard to your second question I can tell you that VMWare doesn't
(yet??) support isochronous usb support, so sadly enough a webcam (no
matter which one, perhaps older, serial ones???) won't work. Stubborn as
I am :) I have tried it with the same cam as you have under a win2000
virtual machine, it will let you install the software, will even  'see'
the cam, but that is about it. This is not a FC problem, but a (major)
lack in VMWare, which people on the VMWare site have been asking a lot
for, but still isn't implemented.

Kind regards, Angelo