firefox + installing FC3 off disc 1 then downloading

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Nov 9 15:11:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 02:00:17AM +1100, nicholas manojlovic wrote:
> I noticed Firefox just got released as version 1.0, is this whats
> included in FC3?

Firefox 1.0 was released today, but FC3 was released yesterday. Factor in
packaging it into RPM form and testing and the lack of a time machine that
runs on Linux, and I think you have your answer. :)

But I highly expect an update to 1.0 to be released shortly.

> Also, is it possible to install FC3 as the bare minimums using only the
> first (and second?) disc and then downloading extras to install as RPM's
> as needed using yum/apt or Add/Remove Applications when the other discs
> have been downloaded?

Yeah, should be doable. Or you could try a net install.