DVD install

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 19:25:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:07:01 -0600, Richard Humphrey
<rlhumphrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, this is Fedora Core 3. Forgot to mention that.
>
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:04:58 -0600, Richard Humphrey
>

> <rlhumphrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have  A ThinkPad with CD/RW - DVD and so I downloaded the DVD ISO
> > and burned it on another machine. When I boot up from the DVD i get
> > the asked what type of media I am installing from. There is no listing
> > for DVD so I choose CD-ROM. When it tries to verify it says it cant
> > find the Fedora files.
> >
> > Should there be a listing for DVD or should the CD install work or am
> > I missing something here?

That's weird, I installed from DVD and wasn't asked which type of
media I was using....it just went into mediacheck.

Try booting with "linux mediacheck" and it should launch right into that.

BTW, the first few screens of the DVD install are extremely slow.
After you get past selecting your language it seems to speed up.  At
some points it was 5 minutes between "screens".

HTH,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old