problems on FC2 cd2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 18:00:29 UTC 2004

Jordi wrote:
> I'm just trying to install the FC2 and I've recently
> found with some troubles. First of all I bought the 4
> cd's distribution (in fact I get it from a magazine)
> and tryed to install it, but then the 2ond cd gives me
> some problems. So I check the cd and says that didn't
> pass the checking, and that it FAILS. Then I managed
> to download from the net the: "FC2-i386-disc2.iso" iso
> file from a WinXP and burned it to a CD with the Nero
> application, and after checking it again...it FAILS
> another time. So I don't know how can I do to install
> correctly the OS without CD corruption problems. It
> only happens with the CD number 2, nor with first one.
> Any idea, or anyone has the same problem out there?.

1. Try with FC3 discs.

2. You're sure that the Nero-burned CD has several files on it, not just
the one?

3. Try installing a minimal set of packages (I believe there's an option
for this). IIRC, this doesn't use CD 2. Then, assuming that you have a
decent Internet connection, use yum to install the packages you need.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | In the Royal Air Force a landing's OK,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | If the pilot gets out and can still walk away.