k3b devices lost after FC2 -> FC3 upgrade

nicholas manojlovic nicholasmanojlovic at ozemail.com.au
Wed Nov 10 08:20:57 UTC 2004

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:31:53 -0600
> From: Richard Humphrey <rlhumphrey at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: k3b devices lost after FC2 -> FC3 upgrade
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> I beleive there is also an issue with the kernel. Check K3B website.
> It is a know bug and should be fixed soon. Try running K3B as root and
> see if it reads your devices correctly,.
>

> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:32:57 -0600, Gerry Tool <gstool at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > I did two anaconda installs of FC3.  The first was a fresh install to a
> > new partition.  That has worked perfectly.  The second was an upgrade of
> > an FC2 install to FC3.  That one mostly works, but has a couple of problems.
> >
> > One problem is that k3b in the FC2 -> FC3 upgrade no longer knows about
> > the CD devices.  It did know about them before.  The fresh install found
> > the devices and configured them asking me for maximum speed confirmation
> > on first execution.

does substituting the following in Grub:

for the line:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.8-1.521 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet

so it looks like this:
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.8-1.521 ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi rhgb quiet

do the trick? (obviously make sure the kernel is correct numbers)

reference:
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-21504.html

niko