NVIDIA Again

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Nov 10 07:25:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Jesse Jarzynka wrote:

> 	Well, finally got everything back to normal, NVIDIA driver and all, but
> when I rebooted, X crashed. When it goes into the graphical loader after
> it configured devices it doesn't load X and hangs. If i init 3, and re-
> install the driver, i can telinit 5 fine. Yet, everytime I reboot I have
> to re-install the accelerated driver. I foolishly deleted all the posts
> on this topic thinking I wouldn't need it, so if someone could fill me
> in, I'd be grateful! Thanks,

I just tried the latest nvidia driver on Fedora Core 3.

Man was that a mess.

It looked like it was doing permanent damage to the display.  (Thankfully
it was not.)  Moving to the previous version (.6111 I think) worked fine.

Not certain what went wrong.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.