FC 3 Woes continue...

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 12:35:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:07:12 +0000, Douglas Furlong
<douglas.furlong at firebox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 23:05 -0500, Kevin Old wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:02:56 -0500, Peter Volsted <pvolsted at image.dk> wrote:
> > > hi
> > >
> > >  > Kevin Old wrote:
> > > ----- snip

> > > Maybe <http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/>
> > >

> > Thanks, I've downloaded the udev "fix" and rebooted and nothing is
> > fixed.  I still can't get connected to my network.
> Would you actually like to provide some information?
>
> Or just carry on telling us it doesn't work? I mean, basicaly, with the
> question you've given, and the detail, the equal response would be "fix
> it" then it won't be broken any more.
>
> Is your network card recognised? What is your network card? built in,
> pcmcia?
>
> When you plug the card in, do you see a link light come on?
>
> What does dmesg provide?
>
> Come on man, be reasonable.

Sorry, I should have continued the thread rather than creating a new
one  with a more appropriate subject "iptables still seems active even
after disabled in FC 3".

This morning I found the post "can't get through dhcp after upgrade"
and this is exactly the problem I'm having.

My network card is built-in my laptop and does not have a light.

I've tried both static IP assignments and DHCP.  DHCP always fails to
get an IP.  The static IP is "assigned" according to "/sbin/ifconfig",
but I can't use any port.

One note is that I disabled SELinux and Firewall in setup.

Thanks for your help,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old