P4 Motherboard for File Server

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 15:03:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Satin Knight wrote:

> However, it looks like the board is ~$220. Ouch! Now I think the Intel
> S875WP1 for $200 looks pretty good. But then again it only has three
> 32-bit/33MHz PCI slots <sigh>.

If you want a server class motherboard, 220 dollars sounds like a snip.  I
cringed recently when speccing a 360 pound motherboard (680 dollars) to get a
Dual 8x PCI-Express setup with twin Xeon sockets.

jh

--
"People smart enough to be in mensa should be smart enough to not be in
  mensa."                                             -- djcapelis /.