XFS and /boot

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at telus.net
Wed Nov 10 17:00:20 UTC 2004

Possible solution ???

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 12:07, Aly Dharshi wrote:

 >> Hi Folks,
 >>
 >> 	Has anybody encountered the error whereby they get a sort of hanging
 >> problem while installing the bootloader in RH9.

I hit it 4 times on 4 machines last week, seems to be very simple.
You need to switch to the console with a shell on it and kill grub,
it is in a cpu loop.

Then do a chroot to the root of the install tree (/mnt/install I think)
and run grub there.

Inside grub to

root (hd0,x)
setup (hd0)

that assumes hd0 is the disk containing the /boot directory and x
is the partition number on that disk.

Then return to the installer and complete the installation.

Steve

-- Steve Lord voice: +1-651-683-3511 Principal Engineer, Filesystem Software
email: lord at sgi.com

--
Aly Dharshi
aly.dharshi at telus.net