Nautilis Continually Crashing @ Boot

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Nov 10 17:33:19 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 10.11.2004 schrieb Mark Sargent um 16:47:

> my sharemate suggests that if the 2 installs, RH9 and Fedora Core 2 were on
> the same drive/partitions(which they were), it could be a bad sector
> problem..? Does this sound feasable to anyone here..? Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent

You say you have RH9 and FC2 installed in parallel? Or is the FC2
install an upgrade from a previous RH9 install. If both systems are in
parallel you then have to care for the partition labels used.

If you suspect a hard drive damage then get the analyzing tool from the
drive manufacturer (public available through their website) and run a
diagnostic.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:31:15 up 21 days, 16:10, load average: 0.68, 0.50, 0.42