Help Configuring Samba

Stormblaze stormblaze at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 18:15:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:54:05 +0100, shrek-m at gmx.de <shrek-m at gmx.de> wrote:
> Stormblaze wrote:
>
> >Took out the spaces in the netbios name. Ran smbpasswd on user nobody.
> >Tried again. Now swat doesn't show it as running. It starts the nmbd
> >just fine but when I tell it to start smbd it launches two processes
> >(I check with ps) but it still shows it as not running.
> >
> >If I run smbclient -L localhost I get the same info as I did before.
> >

> # tail -f /var/log/samba/*
>
> --
> shrek-m
>
> --

Doing a tail on the smbd.log file shows this:

[2004/11/10 13:11:20, 0] smbd/server.c:main(760)
  smbd version 3.0.8pre1-0.pre1.3 started.
  Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2004
[2004/11/10 13:11:22, 0] printing/nt_printing.c:nt_printing_init(383)
  nt_printing_init: error checking published printers: WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

But still swat doesn't show it's status as running. It used to though
so it's gotta be something I did configuration wise.
--
"We should have a way of telling people they have bad breath without
hurting their feelings. Like: Well I'm bored. Let's go brush our