What ver of MySql and PHP in FC3 ?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Wed Nov 10 18:52:41 UTC 2004

chuck clark wrote:

>I couldn't find a package list for FC3 so could anyone let me know
>what versions of MySql and PHP are included ?
>
>Thanks,
>Chuck

In case you want Mysql 4, here's something that joe orton posted on
fedora devel that may interest you:

"As some noticed, MySQL 4.1.7 is now in Raw Hide.  The FLOSS exception is
as yet not acceptable to our legal folks (that work is ongoing) so the
LGPL-licensed 3.x client libraries and headers are still being included
and any applications under GPL-incompatible licenses are being adjusted
to use them.

There is a known issue where 3.x clients can't connect to the 4.1.7
server unless --old-passwords is specified in my.cnf which I don't think
is resolved in the 4.1.7 packages yet.

Regards,

joe"

--