FC3: sound, keyboard, mouse glitches

Ken Barber kenb at nu-world.com
Wed Nov 10 19:08:20 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 3:53 am, Thomas Richter wrote:

> after a fresh install of FC3 yesterday, alsa does not seem to
> work properly. Sometimes I get sound. But then for no apparent
> reason, I get crackling noise,

I don't know the answer to your other problems, but here's how to fix the
crackling noise issue.

Go into your mixer control app (KMix in KDE, I think it's called Volume
Control in Gnome) and you'll find a couple of input devices called IEC958.  I
have no idea what they are, but if you turn off the right one the noise will
stop.

This needs to be done by each user on the system.

Ken